Alright, let’s get started! In this first section of the book we’re going to lay the groundwork for our project and explain the main principles that you need to know for the rest of the application build.
You’ll learn how to:
- Setup a project directory which follows the Go conventions.
- Start a web server and listen for incoming HTTP requests.
- Route requests to different handlers based on the request path.
- Send different HTTP responses, headers and status codes to users.
- Fetch and validate untrusted user input from URL query string parameters.
- Structure your project in a sensible and scalable way.
- Render HTML pages and use template inheritance to keep your markup DRY and free of boilerplate.